*Written in Mom’s point of view*
We had taken Maya and Winston to NYC back in the Winter and we loved it! When the opportunity came around to come back up, we couldn’t say no, especially since the trip up North was just a short four hour car ride! About a month before our visit, we were invited to HudsonMod‘s 5th Year Anniversary celebration, benefiting the amazing Animal Aid USA organization. We have seen and heard about Animal Aid USA in the past and were thrilled to be able to support this special organization that helps so many animals.
Hotel Stay – The Bernic NYC
The Bernic Hotel in Midtown, NYC, were so generous and provided us with a place to stay. We were really excited to arrive and here are our thoughts:
First Impressions: The hotel is very clean and modern. Lobby is a bit small, but hey, it is NYC. You’re fighting for every inch of space in the city. The receptionist was very pleasant and greeted us with a warm smile. Checking-in was an easy process and we were up in our room within minutes.
What’s in the room?!
- Welcome Amenity: A sweet handwritten note from the general manager, two large bottles of water, chocolate, and cookies
- For your Pets: They have dog beds (ours look brand new) and a food and water bowl
- The Bed: We got the king sized bed and it was very comfy. Pillows and bed were decently firm. No complaints here as we had two very good nights of sleep. Maya and Winston even took a nap with us in the bed and they slept like a puppy
- The Bathroom: Let me tell you, the BEST part of this bathroom is the temperature-controlled floors! We kept our floors warm for the most part and it was great! It definitely got us thinking about adding that function into our Master Bathroom at home if we ever decided to renovate 🙂 They had plenty of towels and toiletries to include shampoo, conditioner, lotion, showering gel, and toothpaste. The shower was a walk in shower and was impeccable. Hair dryer was in the room as well. Maya and Winston kept sneaking into the bathroom, because I think they liked the warm floors as well!
- The Balcony: The views were great from our room and it was a walk out balcony that my husband, I, and our two dogs could fit onto. We wished they had chairs out on the balcony, but nevertheless, it was a great thing to walk out onto in the mornings and at night. The dogs were fine with it and we were not worried they would fall off, because of the railings
- Other Things: Espresso Machine, Apple TV, two closets, a safe, computer desk, two water bottles, and a mini-fridge. It was a decent sized room for a NYC hotel
Restaurant: They do have a rooftop lounge and restaurant that we are extremely sad to not have gone too! Our schedules were jam-packed so we didn’t make it up there in time.
Overall impression: We absolutely loved our stay. Management, staff, and maids were all kind and made us feel welcomed the whole 2 night stay. Overall very clean for a hotel that allows dogs and we loved the fact that their staff were friendly to our pets as well. We loved the fact that they just opened up early 2017 so everything looked and felt brand new. We highly recommend The Bernic Hotel to anyone that is visiting NYC with our without pets! Click HERE to learn more about them and book your stay!
Follower & Dachshund Meetup – Madison Square Dog Park
After confirming our stay in NYC, our first thought was we had to reach out to Maya’s half siblings who lived in NYC! We had met Lincoln (@lincdoggydogg) at our previous NYC meetup back in the Winter, but were excited to meet the babies of the group – Skye (@blue_eyed_dox) and Olive (@olive_the_mini_doxie). All three of them and Maya share the same Dad and we connected through Instagram early on, as I had been providing recommendations to their parents about where Maya was from. We opened the meetup to our followers on Instagram as well and were super excited to meet everyone! Can you tell the resemblance?!
The lovely Penny from @pawmiscuous also came to say hi with her Mommy! We’ve met them at a previous meetup 🙂 Check out their page for some fun human and dog apparel!
We also met Callie from @callietheminidox! She was only 8 weeks old when we met her and oh boy – it definitely gave me puppy fever again!
Oh my gosh. Let me just start off by saying that we couldn’t have been happier when we got the invitation to visit BarkBox! It was a dream come true after hearing about them for many years 🙂 Katie was kind enough to invite us to their headquarterts in Soho/Chinatown.
Every possible toy you could think of from Barkbox was EVERYWHERE. There were many office dogs there and we met a very nice dachshund @weirdwiener. We caught a glimpse of a behind the scenes photo shoot for an upcoming Barkbox promotion, got spoiled with wiener toys and treats, and got plenty of love from the Barkbox employees!
Needless to say, it was a dog’s heaven and human’s heaven as well 🙂 Thank you BarkBox!
HudsonMod’s 5th Anniversary
What an exciting event and a great pleasure to be apart of HudsonMod’s 5th Anniversary event at the Maritime Parc in Jersey City, NJ. For those who do not know, HudsonMod is a luxury lifestyle magazine and online news outlet for the best in world travel, cuisine, fashion, and leisure.
You might ask, how is this event exactly related to us or Maya?! Well, this year, HudsonMod’s event benefited an amazing charity called the Animal Aid USA. This organization helps with rescuing animals from high-kill shelters and provides veterinary care. They have helped saved 18,000 animals thus far!!! When were invited to attend this event, we couldn’t be happier to support Animal Aid USA.
The venue was amazing. Maritime Parc overlooked the harbor and had the best views of Manhattan from afar. The food, drinks, desserts were all fabulous. We especially enjoyed the baked goods from Splurge Bakery! Maya had her fair share of photos on the red carpet and we were interviewed by the lovely Amber Milt. Our interview will be airing on PBS soon!
Maya got a little kiss from one of the pups up for adoption. She wasn’t too sure about that kiss.
Thank you HudsonMod for having us for your event! We loved meeting everyone of you and had the best time ever! GUYS – seriously check them out online HERE or their magazine if you’re in the NYC area!
And that’s a wrap! Can you believe all of these events took place in a single day!? Maya was exhausted after this and slept like a baby the whole night and car ride home the next morning. NYC is always amazing and we cannot wait to be back up there soon! Thank dog it’s not too far away from us, because we are counting down the days until our next trip there this Summer!